Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An opportunity for all...

Unable to spend enough time editing my posts, most of my posts are left as rough drafts and consequently there is a huge backlog of posts to be edited. So I here I am promising myself not to overdo this "post" analysis. After all these posts just symbolize a thought at a moment in our life, which certainly changes as one understand things better or experience more things in life. Oh sorry for drifting again into that spiritual mode.

Here is an interesting post from rediff.com that Amit Varma brought to notice through his blog. http://specials.rediff.com/news/2009/jan/03slid1-its-buy-election-time-in-tamil-nadu.htm

It's amazing how the commoners who always get their kicks by blaming corrupt politicians, themselves enjoy the opportunity to lay their hands on whatever they can during the elections. Does this baffle you? Please don't be. If you wonder how many people are like that, let me tell you the exact number. It's atleast 90%! Those who have faith in goodness, let me tell you one thing. I am one of you! I am considered hopelessly optimistic, even after knowing exactly who around me laid their hands on opportunities like that. It's disheartening!

We fight against corruption, but it never works and this is the reason why. Think about it. This is why we need grass root change. A fight against chosen few (politicians) will not solve the problem. They will be replaced by someone who is equally corrupt if not more.

No comments: